Daily deals coupon giant Groupon offers free grassroots fundraising assistance to worthy community causes and nonprofit organizations across the country. Groupon Grassroots helps you craft a compelling message about your group’s fundraising need and then promotes it their subscribers on the Groupon website.
This assistance is not for general fundraising campaigns that contribute to the operating budget nor does it help sell tickets to galas, races, or silent auctions. Its all about project-specific fundraising with measurable impact and community-oriented results.
According to Groupon: “Groupon Grassroots campaigns always have a project-specific goal and create a sense of urgency for the donor. Whether it is a matching donor specific to the campaign, an enticing registration incentive, or a particular project or program that you have an affinity for, Grassroots campaigns generate energy and excitement around the featured cause that isn’t normally available.”
Groupon Grassroots helps coordinate your campaign from beginning to end. Once you’ve identified a compelling project, a Groupon Grassroots Campaign Organizer will coach you through building and launching your campaign. Throughout the process, we’ll provide you with the following resources:
- A creative campaign write-up crafted by our dedicated team of Groupon Grassroots writers
- A step-by-step promotions and public relations guide to marketing your campaign
- Phone consultations to discuss the best campaign strategies for your organization
- Access to the Groupon Merchant Center, where you can monitor campaign performance and analyze demographics
- A check issued to your organization for 100% of donations received (Groupon absorbs all credit card fees)
- Post-campaign communications guidance so you can build on your success and establish a long-term relationship with your supporters
Here is a video that explains Groupon Grassroots Fundraising:
Find out more at Groupon Grassroots.